Saturday, March 17, 2012

Apartment!

Hey y'all,

I want to tell you about our new apartment. Because it is so pretty, and so perfectly located, and so charming, and because we built so damn much Ikea furniture to put in it. Someone has to see all the furniture we built.

We are located here. It's a quiet little neighborhood just out of the center city and about a 10 minute walk from the train station.

Our apartment is a 4.5 room, counted Vaud-style. That means three bedrooms, a living room, and a hallway. Why the hallway counts as half a room? Dunno. But is actually useful, we have a nice little table in there to hold shoes, tools, laundry equipment, and extra cords. Here it is:


We also have a salon:


And a cute little bedroom:


We have another big bedroom that will be Jerome's office and a tiny bedroom that we turned into a walk in closet. Neither of those are really furnished, so I won't bore you with pictures.

But. But. The most important rooms are the sunroom and balcony. I don't have any pictures of the balcony because I am still working on building a little garden on the balcony ledge. I'll post pictures when it's done. In the meantime, pictures of the sunroom:




And this is how Ingegarde and I now spend our Sunday afternoons:


Yes, we need something on the walls to break up all the white expanses. And I need to make a little curtain to hide the front of the TV stand. And I need to finish my balcony project. But seriously, right now Ingegarde and I have some napping in the sun to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment